Members of the 25 Year Club who have retired and are no longer working at UBC are eligible for free parking at UBC. This is a special arrangement through UBC Parking and Access Control Services, so that a retired club member can visit the campus to keep in touch with their former colleagues and can continue to access campus services (library, aquatic centre, etc.).
Eligible – Members must be retired, i.e. being paid through the Pension Office (Regular Pension, Special Early Retirement or bridging) and not through Payroll
Ineligible – Members who are still being paid by the University payroll in some method, i.e. Salary Continuance, Early Retirement Incentive, Buy Out, Contract Work
If a member wishes to receive a free parking permit, they should do the following:
1. Fill in this form which will be forwarded to the 25 Year Club President.
2. The President checks the club list to confirm that the individual is a member.
3. The President then checks the retirement information with Human Resources. If all is correct, the President prepares a letter for the member, verifying that they are eligible.
4. The member then brings that letter to the Parking Desk in the UBC Bookstore and receives their parking permit.
5. The permit is then renewed on an annual basis directly with the Parking Office.
Change of Status
As the parking permit is meant to be a benefit to retired members, should a member’s status change (i.e., they return to work on contract after formally being retired), it is kindly requested that they do not use or renew their 25 Year Club free parking permit.
Abuse of this honour system could result in cancellation of this benefit for all retired members so the co-operation of members is much appreciated.